Thursday, December 30, 2010

On Rediscovering the Will (Or, Have You Ever Heard of a Blogiversary?)

I blame it on my birthday...my lack of blogging, that is. As 2010 comes within inches of sneaking out that door between this year and the next, I refuse to go down with only one blog post for the month of December. And it all started on November 16th.

Yep. I checked my records and my birthday is when I seemed to lose my steam for posting twice a week. It wasn't even a landmark birthday - not divisible by ten or five - so what's the deal? Is this what aging is doing to me...making me lazy? Uuuugh! One thing I have never been is lazy. I don't procrastinate ever. In fact, I am so impatient that my over-efficiency often gets me into trouble for being too on top of things. (I've been told many times to just sit back, relax, and breathe.)

Adding insult to injury, today my blog buddy, Nicole Ducleroir, posted about her first blogiversary (yeah, that's what she called it), and I felt the weight of February, 2011 on my shoulders. That's when I'll hit one year of blogging; that is, if I still have an audience who gives a damn. Nicole even updated her site (worth visiting, for sure; plus, as a "blogiversary" gift, I wanted to give her a plug), and it's lovely.

In honor of Nicole's staying power, I'm determined to get back on board and stick to a schedule like Nicole has vowed to do. Until then, I wish everyone a splendid New Year. May you, too, find the motivation, inspiration, and will to keep on doing whatever it is you love most. I look forward to seeing you all a lot more in 2011!

3 comments:

  1. I saw this title and I thought maybe it was your Blogiversary too! I'll be around whenever you post...whether that's twice a week or twice a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet mention!! I'm blushing though, since I've just come off six weeks of 'barely-there' blogging. The end of the year is tough. There's so much to spend our energies on. But I love January, the month of good intentions and the blessed return to normal schedules.

    I hope you have a great time ringing in the new year! Thinking of you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're still around and blogging! I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete