Friday, May 7, 2010

On Being Tagged (Or, 5 things that people apparently want to know about me)

I got tagged.  And though I'm usually not a fan of these games, I don't want to disappoint Jackee at Winded Words. I mean, if she really wants to know this stuff about me...okay. Here we go:

Where were you five years ago?
1. Wondering where the 21 years since high school had gone. (You can see I have no qualms about revealing my age.)
2. Cursing Mother Nature for the 4 hurricanes brought to South Florida after the 4 storms of 2004. It was Hurricane Wilma, the last one of the 2005 season, that took our roof off.
3. Planning our relocation to Atlanta (see #2) also because hubby was very disillusioned with job at that time. (Relocation never happened b/c he got fantastic job offer in Jan, 2006. One month later, we contracted roofer to replace roof.)
4. Pulling my son out of public school as I finally realized he needed more help than they could offer. (He's still at his private school and just now starting to excel.)
5. Welcoming our two new kitties to the family after favorite cat companion died. (My beloved Carina, pictured below; brought back from our time living in Bologna, Italy; she lived to 10 but had to give in to cancer.)
Where would you like to be five years from now?
1. Working solely on writing novels (and maintaining my blog, of course!)
2. Earning enough money to buy my 16-year-old son a used car so he can take his overy-social sister around town (she'll be 14)...so I can continue with #1.
3. Looking at myself in the mirror and saying, "Not too shabby for 48!"
4. Vacationing at my apartment in Spain, or Italy... and working on #1.
5. Fortunate enough to have my parents and in-laws healthy and sound of mind.



What is on your to-do list today?
1. NOTHING! It's my first day of freedom since the winter semester ended.
2. Actually I had to drop some stuff off at the post office, so I rode my bike there (check!), which leads to #3...
3. Get some exercise (check!)
4. Have coffee with a friend in an hour...because I haven't seen her in a while and because I can!
5. Catch up on all my blog reading (almost check!)

What five snacks do you enjoy? (Oh, this is an easy one.)
1. Chocolate
2. Chocolate
3. Chocolate
4. Chocolate
5. Chocolate
(How cool is this chocolate keyboard? It would be the only thing that could stop me from writing.)

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Fund massive research in autistic spectrum disorders (see #4 from first group)
2. Fund massive research in Ulcerative Colitis and other bowel diseases
(have you figured out what goes on in my family yet?)
3. Fund massive renovations of my local Humane Society so they can keep sick animals separate from those who come in healthy.
4. Pay off all my credit card debt and throw the suckers away.
5. Buy 3 apartments; one in Seville, Spain (for me); one in Tuscany (for my husband); and one in NYC (for me again 'cuz I'm the billionaire, right?)
This corner unit will do with the glass windowfront overlooking Calle Betis in Seville. This steet (in the lower right of image) is flanked by the Guadalquivir River, so this is essentially the view looking out those glass windows...

Am I right, or am I right?

Whew. Okay. Not going to tag anyone because I'm a believer in treating others as you would like to be treated. Which is why I owe a thank-you to Jackee. If she hadn't treated me the way she likes to be treated, I would never have learned everything about her that I did (in her "5" list), and I have to admit that making my own 5 list was kinda fun. So gracias and grazie to Jackee. (Re-read lists if you need clarification ;-))

7 comments:

  1. LOVE THESE!

    I'll be right down the road in Tuscany by the way ;o)

    Where can I find that chocolate keyboard?? I must know. ;o)

    great post Wendy!

    Visit My Kingdom Anytime

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney~ Just found the image of the chocolate keyboard by searching images of chocolate. I do remember a website listed but you'll have to check it out yourself to see it...don't remember...sorry.

    Joanne~ Yes, chocolate is its own food group not falling under the category of carbohydrate or fat. It's just chocolate, for the love of God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the love of Godiva. ;)

    I enjoyed reading your lists.

    Happy mother's day/weekend, Wendy.
    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Do you like chocolate? I just wasn't sure.

    And thanks for doing the tag! They were great answers--I even snorted in my water glass a little.

    Your pictures are gorgeous, even the one of cute, little Carina. I spent a week in Rome and firmly believe it takes a whole year to appreciate all that Italy has to offer, since in 7 days I didn't come close to seeing all that I wanted to see and experience in just one of its cities. I'll be calling for a visit when you get that apartment/villa in Tuscany! (Ha, ha.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really enjoying this particular tag - it's so fun! I am in FULL agreement with you about chocolate!! LOL!

    Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, Is your son on the spectrum too? My darling 8 year old was diagnosed just before three, but we are really lucky to be living where we are. He has had AMAZING support even before he started school and he has come so far!

    Wow...I knew there was a reason I liked you ;)

    ReplyDelete