Sunday, May 9, 2010

On Silence (Or, My perfect Mother's Day morning)

My house is silent. No voices. No television, Wii, or PS3. No running air conditioner. No running dishwasher or washing machine. Nothing. Except for the click click of my fingers typing away on the keyboard. My house is silent. And I like it. Very much.

Soon, the husband and kids will return from the pool. The A/C will kick into gear as the outside temperature rises well above 80 degrees. The TV and PS3 will go on as the kids enjoy their lazy Sunday after a good swim. The lawn mower will buzz in the background as dear hubby mows the overgrown grass. Childish bickering will ensue (between the kids - not hubby and me), and the noise will return. I'll be okay with that because that is the rhythm of my life. And it's all good.

But for now, my house is silent. And I like it. Very much.

Happy Mother's Day to me ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, those rhythms of life, each special in their own qualities. Hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete