Tuesday, October 26, 2010

On Tranquility (Or, Ingenious places to find inspiring photos)


I saw this photo on a Hallmark birthday card and just had to have it. I paid the $3.69 even though I have no one at the moment to send the card to, just so I could take the card home, scan the image, and have it for-e-ver. That's how much I love it. I knew I had to find a way to post about it because any writer worth her/his weight in journals would love this picture too, I figured.

I really have nothing remarkable to say, so I'll simply invite whoever is interested to sit down on this bench, lean against whichever pillow suits your taste, take a sip of the cup of Joe (or tea if you prefer), pick a journal from the pile, sit back, enjoy the sunshine, and start writing.

Happy journaling!

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture, Wendy! I would be delighted to sit down and write in this perfect setting. Could I have Red Zinger in my cup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A comfy spot. I think it would be a great place to while away a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! No sugar in my tea thanks. I'm not sure I'll even write anything, I may just lean back and enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, Wendy. If I had a beautiful bench like that to sit on, I'd probably have a better time writing today. I'll close my eyes and imagine it under me, instead of this black and white polka dot office chair (which is just whimsical enough to do the trick, most days!)

    I'm sending you an email today. I have to tell you how much I loved Enzo's Mamma!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture! I love that you bought the card just to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful, calming picture. I can snuggle with a journal or laptop against those pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice spot to stop for a few moments. I think I'll have a coffee, decaf at this hour, and relax a bit ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pic...and I've done the same thing, bought a card I loved without anyone to send it to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds lovely. Thanks for the invite. I'll be right over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy, I know someone to whom you could send that beautiful birthday card; just have to wait a few weeks (hint, hint).

    ReplyDelete