Monday, August 6, 2012

On Reconnections (Or, Where did everybody go?)

I've been gone for a while. Yeah, I know. This means I'm probably writing to the air now since nobody knows to pay attention to me. I had it coming; I understand that.

But tonight I reconnected with a blog friend and we had the most wonderful phone chat. I've never met Kathryn, but we'd always had a connection. Our chat motivated me to pop back in and read some of my favorite blogs, but much to my dismay, many of them are weeks or even months old.

I'm so happy!

Don't get me wrong; I love these writers and was looking forward to seeing what was new and humorous. But finding out that they're just as human as I am was deeply comforting. I also felt, strangely enough, MORE connected to them. There was a time back in 2010-2011 when we were all over each other's comments page, awarding each other with silly honors, and offering not-so-silly companionship in the blogosphere. Now, it seems many of my blog friends have, like me, gotten caught up in life. I don't begrudge them. It's as if we all shared a special moment in time together, but like all great things, it has come to an end. Or at least a pause. 

I will check back soon with the hopes that I'll find my old "friends". But in the meantime, I will think about them all and wish them well in their non-virtual lives, knowing we will always be connected.



3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm still here. Wondering where you've been. Now I know. Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure my blog is one of the sadly lacking ones. For some reason, I just don't have much interest in it any more.

    I'm not sure that it's life that has taken over, although I do have a job now. I spend a lot of internet time on Ravelry, but I'm not really writing and I think that's part of the lost impetus. Maybe come November and Nanowrimo I'll get back in the groove!

    It's nice to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Blogger's new ReCaptcha system doesn't like me! I wonder if fewer people are commenting because of the new system.

    ReplyDelete